Yes, I’m a bad daily blogger. So sue me. But these last 5 days have been a whirlwind!! Here are 10 happy things from the last 120 hours 🙂
1) Going to NYC with my Mom and Dad to the Blue Note Cafe! It’s a Jazz Club on 131 West 3rd street, with good grub and good music 🙂 We saw a 60s band there, which my parents were absolutely obsessed with. Me? I had never heard of them before, but apparently they’re kind of a big deal.
2) SNEAKS, SNEAKS, SNEAKS!
My mom and I went to Paragon in the city in order to find me a really great pair of running shoes. I want to start running more races this summer and given my history of stress fractures, I wanted the best shoes possible to protect my legs. The friendly running specialist assessed my stride on the in-store treadmill and found that I have high arches. He suggested a few shoes, and I went with the ones with the most cushioning. They are a bit heavy, but I’d rather be weighed down than injured.
There’s nothing better than a new pair of sneakers!
3) Seeing American Idiot on Broadway with the madre 🙂 It was so so good.
4) Spontaneously going to Mohegan Sun Casino with my friends Casey and Lauren. Lauren called us up at 4:00pm on Friday asking if we wanted to go…of course we did! We spent the night dancing at the Ultra 88 Night Club.
5) Working at the Restaurant this weekend! I got to work at the fancy schmancy restaurant this Saturday, which is awesome because I wasn’t sure if I would be able to for the final 3 weekends in CT before Israel. I love my co-workers so work is always a good time, and it’s nice to be able to make some moolah before I take off for the holy-land!
6) Watching Sunday Football with mah man. Surprisingly, I actually enjoy watching football. I know, weirdest girl ever, but I like watching the sport! Especially when Evan’s mom makes incredible bean dip, which I get to munch on all night. Bonus! Despite my Jets losing it was still a good noche.
7) Going to Shady Glen in Manchester, CT. They’re known for their fried cheese.
They also make their own ice cream, a deadly combo!
8. Going to see the Green Hornet! The movie was decent, not the best I’ve ever seen but Seth Rogen never really disappoints. Plus, superhero movies are awesome. Does that make me a big loser? Probably. I’m willing to take that risk.
9) Starting a new book, The Last Continent by Bill Bryson. I read “A Walk in the Woods” a little while ago and loved it. This book looks just as funny so I’m pretty excited about it. My goal is to finish it before the big departure!
10) It was -15 degrees last night (-30 with the wind chill)! Okay, you’re probably confused. That’s not something to be excited about. But when you go to take a midnight pee and you see this little situation it becomes a whole lot better.
I don’t even want to tell you what the bathtub looked like the next morning.
Hope you have an amazing (freezing) night!